Thursday, April 16, 2009

Men Apologising for Behaving as Misogynist Assholes Means What, Exactly?

William Hurt [image is from here]:


Jamie Foxx [image is from here]:


Hulk Hogan [image is from here]:


Below:
Hulk Hogan figures out how to be racist and misogynistic all at the same time.

Jamie Foxx misogynistically targets a very popular white girl to make people laugh.

William Hurt used his brutal power as a white man to hurt Marlee Matlin. "Hurt" being an understatement.

I think "Sorrow", "Regret", "Remorse", however sincere and heartfelt, and a public apology--when there is one, is NOT DOING ENOUGH. More is called for from any man who harms women in these ways.

To William, Jamie, and Hulk:
How about donating MILLIONS of your dollars to radical Womanist and Feminist activists who are fighting to stop men's violence against women? And how about doing public service announcements about the wrongs of men's degradation and violence against women, including in "humor"?

The following article is from here.
Jamie Foxx took the higher road and used his Tuesday night appearance on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno to apologize to Miley Cyrus, the 16 year-old Hannah Montana star he bashed on his Sirius radio show.

Among other things said during the profane broadcast, the Oscar-winner referred to Cyrus as a “white b[*]tch” and said she should get a gum transplant, do heroin, make a sex tape, and catch Chlamydia. Foxx of course said the entire rant was all in the name of comedy:

“I so apologize to Miley, and this is sincere. I am a comedian, and you guys know that whatever I say, I don't mean any of it. And sometimes, as comedians, as we do, we go a little bit too far. I have a radio show. We're really the black Howard Stern. We go at everybody. There was a situation with Miley Cyrus, and I just want to say, I apologize for what I said. I didn't mean it maliciously. You know I'm a comedian. You know my heart. Miley, I apologize, so I'll call you. I got a daughter too, so I completely understand.”

William Hurt also found himself issuing an apology, after his ex-lover Marlee Matlin accused the actor of beating her and forcing sex on her during their two-year relationship. Matlin claimed she herself was addicted to cocaine and marijuana and that Hurt was struggling with alcohol addiction. Hurt, who has four children from three different women, had this to say:

“My own recollection is that we both apologized and both did a great deal to heal our lives. Of course, I did and do apologize for any pain I caused. And I know we have both grown. I wish Marlee and her family nothing but good.”

As for the next celebrity apology, it hasn’t happened yet, but we’re counting down the minutes until it takes place. Wrestler (or is it finally ex-wrestler?) Hulk Hogan has put himself in the spotlight by opening his mouth and letting a whole lot of stupid fall out. In response to the ongoing divorce proceedings between he and wife Linda, and her new boyfriend Charley, the Hulkster had this to say:

“I could have turned everything into a crime scene, like OJ, cutting everybody's throat. You live half a mile from the 20,000-square-foot home you can't go to anymore, you're driving through downtown Clearwater and see a 19-year-old boy driving your Escalade, and you know that a 19-year-old boy is sleeping in your bed, with your wife . . . I totally understand OJ. I get it.”
END OF POST.

No comments:

Post a Comment